Few would argue that the Australian Liquor and Gaming industry is one of the most highly compliance regulated industries. With compliance or the lack of it, comes the risk of exposure to loss and litigation.
The legislative compliance in the club industry is largely driven by regulators, law enforcement or WorkCover Authority- each with their inbuilt fines and penalties for non-compliance.
Compounding the risks, you are also exposed if the contractors that work in and around your Club are ‘non compliant’ to their legislative compliance issues! From strictly security perspective, do you know the ‘who, what and why’ of the various contractors working in sensitive areas of your Club?
Consider too, how many contracting companies you engage to work at your Club on an hourly rate? Are you satisfied that all contractor hours are legitimate? What would 10 hours per month from three major fee-for-service contractors cost your business?
Other areas of compliance attention include:
- Annual AUSTRAC Reports under the AML/CTF Act
- Venue Safety Plans
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) New Photo Card requirements
- Responsible Conduct in Gambling Staff Training Requirements
- Food Safety Supervisor Staff Training Requirements
- Prevention of Workplace Bullying Training required under the new Models Act
For more information on Barringtons Compliance Management Software, Smartek, for Clubs and Gaming click here.
Blayne Webb, Director, Barringtons